Add to Calendar 04-01-2014 16:00:00 05-01-2014 19:00:00 68 Gordian Knot 2k14 Threads 2014, the tenth annual edition of Felicity’s Celebration of the Spirit of Computing and Engineering, presents the kickstarter event: GORDIAN KNOT, the mathematical problem solving and computing Online Contest. http://felicity.iiit.ac.in/threads/gordian-knot Felicity, IIIT Hyderabad firstname.lastname@example.org http://www.facebook.com/events/1437285136489462 true DD/MM/YYYY
Event has ended.
We congratulate the particpants for their stellar performance.
The top contestants are:
|Rank||Username||Full Name||Questions Solved||Affilition||Country|
|1||ariacas||Renat Gimadeev||37||Moscow Institute of Physics and Technology||Russia|
|3||antiarchit||Archit Sachdeva||35||Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Delh||India|
|4||sky||Kunal Singhal||35||Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Delhi||India|
|5||arch||Alex Vints||35||Taurida National University||Ukraine|
|6||bluej||Shubham Kansal||35||Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Roorkee||India|
|7||sevenkplus||Yuzhou Gu||35||Massachusetts Institute of Technology||China|
|8||quasisphere||Janne Junnila||35||University of Helsinki||Finland|
|9||averma||Amit Verma||34||National Institute of Technology (NIT), Rourkel||India|
|11||gchebanov||Georgy Chebanov||34||Moscow Institute of Physics and Technology||Russia|
|12||ksaurav||Saurav Kumar||34||Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Kanpur||India|
- This is an individual event.
- All problems will require mathematical reasoning and will be reducible to a simple method with which the answer can be computed. We assume the use of computers even though most of the problems can also be solved on pen & paper with little more effort.
- Answers to all the problems will necessarily be a non-negative integer with no trailing zeros. Answer will not contain a decimal point or any other special character. Integers will contain no more than 3200 digits in all cases.
- There are 8 levels, containing 5 questions each. Level 0 is initially unlocked. To unlock Level 1, you need to solve at least 3 problems of Level 0. To unlock Level 2 and subsequent levels, you need to solve 6 problems out of 10 from previous two levels.
- There has to be a gap of at least 2 minutes between two consecutive submissions of the same problem.
- Each problem has equal weightage. Though there is no time penalty, tie-breaking will be done by the time of last successful submission.
- For any doubts/queries you can post comments, which will be moderated.
- Hints (if any) for a particular question will be released through comments by Admin.
- If you are facing any issues, you can contact us at email@example.com.